Unfortunately, there are many people who still have no idea about this disease. In some cases, they have this disease, but they do not know it. They wonder if how long does it take for hemorrhoids to go away instantly. This is mainly because they do not have a complete understanding about internal or external hemorrhoids itself. If you do not know about this disease, then you will not be able to prevent yourself from having it. Besides, by knowing exactly what hemorrhoids are, you will be able to do the necessary treatment that you are going to need. So, do you have any idea about this disease? If you do not, then you’d better read some information below.
There are many people have hemorrhoids usually ask their personal doctor “how long do hemorrhoids last?”. This is actually very normal because having hemorrhoids is not fun and it hurts. According to many doctors, the case of hemorrhoids is getting bigger and bigger day by day. It means that there are more people who have this type of disease in the modern world. Having a bad habit or bad lifestyle can be one of the main reason why they can have hemorrhoids. Even though this disease is not a serious disease, but it will be important if you can prevent yourself from having it.
What is Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids or piles are the swollen veins in the anus and lower rectum can also be inflamed. But you have to understand that hemorrhoids is very normal. According to one of the most recent research, most people who are at least fifty years of age will develop hemorrhoids. There are some reason how people get hemorrhoids as below explanation.
What The Causes of Hemorrhoids? How does the process of piles development?
The process of hemorrhoids is usually caused by excessive pressure on the lower anus during a bowel movement.
This disease is more commonly found in women. Women get hemorrhoids during pregnancy are mainly because the high pressure that women have during the pregnancy.
What causes hemorrhoids be getting worse?
There are several causes that can aggravate hemorrhoids, including:
- Straining too hard during a bowel movement
- Consumption of foods that can lead to hemorrhoids
- Excessive use of laxatives
- Illnesses in the rectum
What do hemorrhoids look like?
Hemorrhoids are divided into :
- Internal hemorrhoids : This hemorrhoids forms inside the anus. It is not visible directly, must use certain tools or can be felt when examined using a finger by doctor.
- External hemorrhoids : Formed outside the anus and can be seen and felt directly during the examination by the doctor. The bleeding can occur on this type of piles. It happen because of friction during bowel movements with internal hemorrhoids, and when it is pushed over during anal open, then the symptoms are: itching, pain and burning.
What are The Symptoms of Hemorrhoids
As mentioned that hemorrhoids looks like invisible when it is formed in the anus, and appeared physically when it occurs outside the anus. But you can feel the presence of hemorrhoids with symptoms such as the following:
- You feel discomfort on anal, especially during sitting or while defecating
- Itching on anal
- Hot burning on anal
- A lump in the rectum
- Sometimes there is swelling around the anus
How Long Do Hemorrhoids Last?
Hemorrhoids can last for a few days and years, it depends on some factors. Small external or internal hemorrhoid can be cured within a period of about a week. However, internal hemorrhoids with larger size may take up weekly to monthly to be improved. But for hemorrhoids in pregnancy the healing process can be done after the birth occur.
However, bleeding hemorrhoids can last for days to weeks. It depends on what you eat, bowel movements and how your lifestyle, especially in maintaining health. Plentiful food with spice mixture can aggravate hemorrhoids, but fiber foods can help reduce it.
How long do hemorrhoids take to heal? The time to heal hemorrhoids vary significantly for each person. It depends upon the condition of the hemorrhoids that they develop in their body. For some people, it might just take a few days for their hemorrhoids to heal, but it might take a year for some people with more serious condition. In fact, external hemorrhoids are the one which will take a longer time to heal.
If you wish to heal totally from hemorrhoids, it will not go away on their own without treatment. Some medical or home treatments is needed to get rid of it.
How do you know if you have hemorrhoids
You can find out if suffering from hemorrhoids or not by doing some medical examinations that is necessary to determine how bad the hemorrhoids you have. Inspection is done from the outside of the anus by putting a finger through the anus and into the rectum. Checks can also be done by using a finger-sized tool that can give a visual display on the hemorrhoid tissue (anoscopy).
In this way, the doctor can determine whether the condition of your hemorrhoids form of cancer, bleeding, and also look at the condition of the intestine that intersect with your hemorrhoids.
How to Prevent Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoid prevention can be done by changing your lifestyle. Seeing the factors causing hemorrhoids, then avoid the cause is becoming important. Here is some good activities change that you can apply in your daily activities.
- Drink enough water every day or at least 2 litter a day. This will keep you from dehydration and hemorrhoids itself.
- Consume high-fiber food in your daily consumption.
- Avoid sitting or standing for too long. Stand up and walk for a few moments for smooth blood circulation around of your hip downward.
- Regular exercise can help maintain a healthy body.
- Avoid foods that can cause constipation.
- Get enough rest can help flow of blood from the healthy heart.
- Do not strain too hard when defecating.
- Consumption fiber supplement if you think your diet doesn’t content enough fiber.
- Avoid using too-tight pants that cause blockage of blood flow
- Lower your body weight if you suffer obesity
Above daily routine can help your in preventing hemorrhoid flare-ups that will hurt you most.
How to Relieve Hemorrhoid Pain
Hemorrhoids pain relief can be done in several ways:
- Reduce pain and itching of hemorrhoids can be done over the counter medications such as Tylenol, ibuprofen or aspirin.
- Therapy use ice for 10 to 15 minutes per day is very effective when the hemorrhoids flare-ups followed by warm compress.
- Soaking in warm water with a sitz bath by immersing your rectal area in warm water.
- The combination of heat and cold therapy with a sitz bath you can try to get the best results.
How to Cure Hemorrhoids? Some Treatments You Must Know
Dealing with hemorrhoids in a proper way and effectively is the best way to know how long hemorrhoids will last.
Most people who develop hemorrhoids in their body tend to depend their medication upon their doctor and chemical medication. In fact, that is not the only medication that they can afford. There are many natural ingredients that they can use to treat hemorrhoids.
Some Natural Remedies For Hemorrhoids
Here is some home remedies that you can use to treat your hemorrhoids. It is a kind of natural cure to remove the discomfort.
- The first ingredient is witch hazel for hemorrhoids. It is very simple to use this ingredient to treat your hemorrhoids. You can use an aseptic cotton and apply this ingredient to it. Then, you just need to apply it in the area of your hemorrhoids. Do it three times a day and you will get the best result of this simple medication.
- The second ingredient that you can use is aloe vera. Not only is aloe vera very useful for your hair health, but this plant can also treat hemorrhoids. You just need to apply the gel of the aloe vera in the area of your hemorrhoids. Aloe vera gel is useful for reducing the pain that hemorrhoids can produce during the development.
- The last natural ingredient that you can do is a tea mixture. You can combine a teaspoon of the fenugreek seeds, honey and boiling water. Consume this tea mixture, at least, three times a day and hopefully this can reduce the pain that hemorrhoids can develop.
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Hemorrhoids (ACV), you can drink it if you have internal piles. Or applying ACV on the location using sitz bath for external one.
- OTC ointment, some kind of pile cream and suppositories is a good medication for pain relief especially for swelling or inflamed hemorrhoid.
Medical Surgery Treatments
The best treatment for getting rid of hemorrhoids is by medical procedures. The handling can be done in various ways:
- Medication Procedure. Treatments for small hemorrhoids internal and external can use OTC medications in the form of a cream or ointment.
- Rubber Bank Ligation. Treatment for internal hemorrhoids with rubber bands on the placement of hemorrhoids which aims to cut off blood flow that will decrease in about 1 week. This method is said as the most effective and for about 80% patient use this treatment.
- Infrared coagulation. With the help of infrared light for illuminating the internal hemorrhoids which aims to harden and constrict hemorrhoids and will heal in about 4 weeks.
- Sclerotherapy Injection. Helping with sclerosants to be injected into the skin or known as submucosal space of the hemorrhoid. These injections aim to reduce the size of hemorrhoids.
- Electrocoagulation. It is used for a prolapsed hemorrhoid by electrically coagulated on the wound.
- Cryotherapy. Super freezing the internal or external piles using cryogenic or nitrogen. The advantages of this method is less to say in hospital, less painful, less difficulty urinary after treatment and quicker healing process.
- Hemorrhoidectomy. External hemorrhoids treatment that has been bleeding. By conducting a local anesthetic and is regarded as the most effective cure hemorrhoids. The procedure includes actions such as hemorrhoidectomy open, closed, stapled and ligation.