How long does it take for hemorrhoids to go away? A lot of people who have hemorrhoidal problems are always thinking about how long the hemorrhoids last. Hemorrhoids are actually vascular structures in human anal. There is internal and external hemorrhoid. Both are risky of becoming swollen and irritation that leads to hemorrhoidal diseases that people call hemorrhoid. To know how long the hemorrhoids will last, we also have to know what kind of treatment to take care of the hemorrhoidal problems.
How long it last?
It is actually pretty difficult to conclude how long do hemorrhoids last. It depends on the condition (Read: Do Hemorrhoids Go Away On Their Own?). For external hemorrhoid, it is relatively faster to cure the pain. Even if the external hemorrhoids can be seen from outside anal, it takes around two up to four days to cure the pain. But, the patient needs more times, even up to one or two weeks to cure the irritation. It takes even longer time to cure hemorrhoid when the condition is in the grade IV both for the internal and external hemorrhoids.
How Long Does It Take for Hemorrhoids to Go Away with Medical Treatment
Besides the condition of the hemorrhoids, medical treatment also affects the healing process. There are several procedures to take care of hemorrhoids that are conducted based on the condition.
- First, it is the rubber band ligation. This procedure is conducted for the grade I to III of both internal and external hemorrhoids. It will cut the blood supply to the hemorrhoids and within 5 – 7 days hemorrhoid will fall off. So, how long does it take for hemorrhoids to go away? It takes 5 -7 days to fall of and several days to heal the scratch.
- Second, it is the sclerotherapy. Sclerotherapy is basically an injection of a sclerosing agent to hemorrhoid to collapse the vein wall. It takes four years to get completely recover and finish this procedure.
- Third, it is the cauterization method. This method can be conducted only for the grade I and II of hemorrhoids.
- Fourth. How about surgery treatment? In fact, surgery is only conducted for several cases when the rubber band ligation cannot help anymore such as when the hemorrhoid is in grade IV. It takes about 2 – 4 weeks to heal the wound and it may take more time to completely recover from the hemorrhoidal problems. So, how long does it take for hemorrhoids to go away after the surgery? Indeed, the swollen hemorrhoids will go right away, but the patient needs more time to heal the wound and take some medical check.
Natural cure to support the medical treatments
To support the medical treatments and to reduce the pain. There are several ingredients you can consider for your at-home treatment.
- First, coconut oil. Coconut oil is very soft and a little warm. By applying some coconut oil to the hemorrhoids, especially to external hemorrhoid, the coconut oil will relax the vein and reduce the itching and the pain. Coconut oil is also safe for it does not irritate the skin.
- Second, warm and cold water. People also call it temperature treatment. It depends on the hemorrhoids condition to choose hot or cold water. For the patient who just gets some medical procedure that stops the bloodstream to the hemorrhoids, it is suggested for the patient to compress hemorrhoid with cold water and soft clothes for ten minutes. While to support medical treatment that increases the bloodstream around hemorrhoid, soaking hemorrhoid to warm water such as spending 10 to 15 minutes in the warm tub is suggested to support the medical treatment.
- Third, fiber and prebiotic. Eat a lot of fiber from vegetable and fruits, it will help your digestive organ to process the food well and the bowel movement will go smoother. It will prevent any bleeding both for the external and internal hemorrhoids. Then, how long does it take for hemorrhoids to go away? When we support medical treatment with this diet? It will be a few days faster. It is also suggested for the patient to consume more prebiotic fiber from yogurt and drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.
- Fourth. At last, it is suggested the patient to the squad in the toilet. Replace the sitting toilet with squad toilet. It seems more tiring to the squad, but it actually more relaxing for the vascular structure and the whole tissue in the anal. It helps any medical treatment, especially the surgery procedure, to be healed.
Adjust the lifestyle
It is also suggested for the patient to adjust the lifestyle to heal the hemorrhoids faster.
- First, exercise well. Pay attention to the weight. The patient needs to reduce weight when he or she gets overweight. It will help the bloodstream to increase and heal the wound faster. But, it is not suggested for the patient to perform too hard exercise especially hard cardio exercise. It will break the vein vassal in the anal canal and may lead to hurtful bleeding.
- Second, fiber diet. Then, it is also suggested for the patient to adjust their diet. Just avoid any too spicy food and any food that produces gas inside the stomach such as cabbage and soda. In contrast, the patient needs to eat more vegetable and fruit fiber. It is also important for the patient to stay healthy and hydrated. Drinking lemon juice with some ginger and honey can be a great support for any medical treatments.
It is very suggested for the patient to consult with the doctor to make sure the patient gets the best natural support and lifestyle. In fact, some natural ingredients are pretty powerful to affect the hemorrhoids.
It can be pretty risky to perform any natural treatment and consume the wrong diet during the medical treatment. How long does it take for hemorrhoids to go away after the treatment? In fact, the natural ingredients and the lifestyle helps the patients to get healed much faster. They can be better in several days faster.