How to maintain or even loosing weight without dieting and looking great during this holiday season? “With summer distractions gone, fall is a great opportunity to crank up your fitness routine,” says Musclemaster.com fitness guru Bob Myhal, whose web site and fitness programs have an extensive following.
“Studies show that 32% of men and 34% of women are overweight. The thigh creams, the fad diets and all the other gimmicks just don’t work. Having a great looking body takes a combination of intensity and intelligence. But the good news is you can get the maximum results from your exercise and diet program in the least amount of time simply by remembering a few important techniques.”
If you spent the summer sucking in your gut and praying for a cold spell but want to have effective diet for weight loss, now’s the time to get your fitness program in high gear. Here’s to a productive Fall . . . Set your goals now. Commit to them. And make them happen.
FUN 10 WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT WITHOUT DIETING FOR THE HOLIDAYS
- Cardiovascular exercise. Let’s face it, you spend at least 30 minutes per night flipping through the dial with the channel changer. Instead, put your feet on the street for a half-hour of running, walking, or biking, 3-4 days per week.
- Drink water and lots of it. Water is useful to drain your system from unwanted toxins that keep the sag and flab on your body. Consume 8-12 glasses of water per day as if your body depended on it . . . it does!
- Eat more meals. If you make a big deal out of a big meal, try to prepare smaller meals instead. Shoot for five or six a day, and try to avoid becoming too hungry or too full. This should boost your metabolism into overdrive and help fuel fat loss.
- Fit the fiber into your diet. Fiber is highly effective in helping you to reach your ideal weight. It not only fills you up, but recent studies conclude that it also keeps your body from absorbing excess calories. Consider food dessert and obesity if you want to eat more. What more could you want?
- Get strong. Strength and resistance training is essential to any fitness routine. Studies show resistance training can increase muscular strength and endurance in both men and women by at least 25%. And having a bit of extra muscle mass will help you burn more fat even while you’re at rest. It’s never too late to start. Not only will you look better, but you can lower your blood pressure, increase bone density and boost metabolism!
- Maintain a healthy diet. Become leaner by lowering your intake of carbohydrates and raising your intake of protein. Eat less bread, pasta, cereal, and rice. Consume more low-fat dairy, skinless chicken, turkey breast, lean beef, and whey based protein drinks. Raise your protein intake to 25-30% of your diet.
- Become condiment conscious. Watch how you use seasonings and spreads. A tablespoon of sugar or a slab of mayonnaise can turn a healthy dish into a dieter’s nightmare. Seek alternatives like honey mustard, or low-cal sweeteners.
- Set fitness goals for yourself. Without a mountain, there cannot be a mission. Goals will keep your workouts exciting, fresh, and meaningful.
- Keep your shelves and refrigerator packed with healthy foods. That way you won’t be subjected to eating on the fly, which can often lead to Big Macs, Big Fries, and ultimately, Big Problems.
- Forget what they told you in school. Cheat now and then. If you don’t allow yourself an occasional “cheat day” on your fitness and diet plan, chances are you won’t stay on track all the way to next Summer.
Just by only doing small fun things to lose weight without dieting, you will a look great during this holiday season.