You will understand how long hemorrhoids last using a home remedy, medical treatment of completely untreated. You will know how to treat them and how to get rid of them in a certain period of time.
The Time For Hemorrhoids Lasts
There is no exact time period for hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids can last for a few days and years, it depends on some factors. A small external or internal hemorrhoid can be cured within a period of about a week.
However, internal hemorrhoids with larger sizes may take up weekly to monthly to be improved. But for hemorrhoids in pregnancy, the healing process can be done after birth occurs.
However, bleeding hemorrhoids can last for days to weeks. It depends on what you eat, bowel movements and how your lifestyle, especially in maintaining health. Plentiful food with spice mixture can aggravate hemorrhoids, but fiber foods can help reduce hemorrhoids pain.
How long do hemorrhoids take to heal?
The time to heal hemorrhoids varies significantly for each person. It depends upon the condition of the hemorrhoids that they develop in their bodies.
For some people, it might just take a few days for their hemorrhoids to heal, but it might take a year for some people with a more serious condition. In fact, external hemorrhoids are the one which will take a longer time to heal.
If you wish to heal totally from hemorrhoids, it will not go away on their own without treatment. Some medical or home treatments are needed to get rid of it.
Unfortunately, there are many people who still have no idea about this disease. In some cases, they have this disease, but they do not know it.
They wonder do hemorrhoids go away on their own instantly. This is mainly because they do not have a complete understanding of internal or external hemorrhoids itself.
There are also many people who wonder how long hemorrhoids last if untreated.
If you do not know about this disease, then you will not be able to prevent yourself from having it.
Besides, by knowing exactly what hemorrhoids are, you will be able to do the necessary treatment that you are going to need.
So, do you have any idea about this disease? If you do not, then you’d better read some information below.
There are many people have hemorrhoids usually ask their personal doctor “how long do hemorrhoids last?”. This is actually very normal because having hemorrhoids is not fun and it hurts.
According to many doctors, the case of hemorrhoids is getting bigger and bigger day by day. It means that there are more people who have this type of disease in the modern world.
Having a bad habit or bad lifestyle can be one of the main reasons why they can have hemorrhoids. Even though this disease is not a serious disease, but it will be important if you can prevent yourself from having it.
What is Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids or piles are the swollen veins in the anus and lower rectum can also be inflamed. But you have to understand that hemorrhoids are very normal.
According to one of the most recent research, most people who are at least fifty years of age will develop hemorrhoids. There is some reason how people get hemorrhoids as below explanation.
What Causes of Hemorrhoids? How does the process of piles development?
The process of hemorrhoids is usually caused by excessive pressure on the lower anus during a bowel movement.
This disease is more commonly found in women. Women get hemorrhoids during pregnancy are mainly because of the high pressure that women have during their pregnancy.
What do hemorrhoids look like?
Hemorrhoids are divided into :
- Internal hemorrhoids: These hemorrhoids forms inside the anus. It is not visible directly, must use certain tools or can be felt when examined using a finger by a doctor.
- External hemorrhoids: Formed outside the anus and can be seen and felt directly during the examination by the doctor. The bleeding can occur on this type of piles. It happens because of friction during bowel movements with internal hemorrhoids, and when it is pushed over during anal open, then the symptoms are itching, pain and burning.
Thrombosed hemorrhoids are a type of external hemorrhoids that have blood clots that do not flow in the veins.
Thrombosed hemorrhoids are not dangerous for sufferers, only they suffer more due to the sensation of pain and heat.
Estimating when thrombosed hemorrhoids go away depends on the condition of the disease, your activity, and treatment.
What are the Symptoms of Hemorrhoids
As mentioned that hemorrhoids look like invisible when it is formed in the anus, and appeared physically when it occurs outside the anus. But you can feel the presence of hemorrhoids with symptoms such as the following:
- You feel discomfort on anal, especially during sitting or while defecating
- Itching on anal
- Hot burning on anal
- A lump in the rectum
- Sometimes there is swelling around the anus
How do you know if you have hemorrhoids
You can find out if suffering from hemorrhoids or not by doing some medical examinations that are necessary to determine how bad the hemorrhoids you have.
Inspection is done from the outside of the anus by putting a finger through the anus and into the rectum.
Checks can also be done by using a finger-sized tool that can give a visual display on the hemorrhoid tissue (anoscopy).
In this way, the doctor can determine whether the condition of your hemorrhoids form of cancer, bleeding, and also look at the condition of the intestine that intersects with your hemorrhoids.
What causes hemorrhoids to be getting worse?
There are several causes that can aggravate hemorrhoids, including:
- Straining too hard during a bowel movement
- Consumption of foods that can lead to hemorrhoids
- Excessive use of laxatives
- Illnesses in the rectum
How to Prevent Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoid prevention can be done by changing your lifestyle. Seeing the factors causing hemorrhoids, then avoid the cause is becoming important. Here is some good activities change that you can apply in your daily activities.
- Drink enough water every day or at least 2 litter a day. This will keep you from dehydration and hemorrhoids itself.
- Consume high-fiber food in your daily consumption.
- Avoid sitting or standing for too long. Stand up and walk for a few moments for smooth blood circulation around your hip downward.
- Regular exercise can help maintain a healthy body.
- Avoid foods that can cause constipation.
- Get enough rest can help the flow of blood from a healthy heart.
- Do not strain too hard when defecating.
- Consumption fiber supplements if you think your diet doesn’t contain enough fiber.
- Avoid using too-tight pants that cause blockage of blood flow
- Lower your body weight if you suffer obesity
Above daily routine can help yours in preventing hemorrhoid flare-ups that will hurt you most.
How to Relieve Hemorrhoid Pain
So what is good for hemorrhoids pain? Hemorrhoids pain relief can be done in several ways:
- Reduce pain and itching of hemorrhoids can be done over the counter medications such as Tylenol, ibuprofen or aspirin.
- Therapy use ice for 10 to 15 minutes per day is very effective when the hemorrhoids flare-ups followed by a warm compress.
- Soaking in warm water with a sitz bath by immersing your rectal area in warm water.
- A combination of heat and cold therapy with a sitz bath you can try to get the best results.
How to Cure Hemorrhoids?
Dealing with hemorrhoids in a proper way and effectively is the best way to know how long it takes for hemorrhoids to shrink.
Most people who develop hemorrhoids in their bodies tend to depend their medication upon their doctor and chemical medication. In fact, that is not the only medication that they can afford. There are many natural ingredients that they can use to treat hemorrhoids.
Some Natural Remedies For Hemorrhoids
Here are some home remedies that you can use to treat your hemorrhoids. It is a kind of natural cure to remove the discomfort.
- The first ingredient is witch hazel for hemorrhoids. It is very simple to use this ingredient to treat your hemorrhoids. You can use aseptic cotton and apply this ingredient to it. Then, you just need to apply it in the area of your hemorrhoids. Do it three times a day and you will get the best result of this simple medication.
- The second ingredient that you can use is aloe vera. Not only is aloe vera very useful for your hair health, but this plant can also treat hemorrhoids. You just need to apply the gel of the aloe vera in the area of your hemorrhoids. Aloe vera gel is useful for reducing the pain that hemorrhoids can produce during the development.
- The last natural ingredient that you can do is a tea mixture. You can combine a teaspoon of the fenugreek seeds, honey, and boiling water. Consume this tea mixture, at least, three times a day and hopefully, this can reduce the pain that hemorrhoids can develop.
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Hemorrhoids (ACV), you can drink it if you have internal piles. Or applying ACV on the location using a sitz bath for an external one.
- OTC ointment, some kind of pile cream and suppositories is a good medication for pain relief especially for swelling or inflamed hemorrhoids.
Medical Surgery Treatments
The best treatment for getting rid of hemorrhoids is through medical procedures. You can go to the doctor for medical hemorrhoids treatment. The handling can be done in various ways:
- Medication Procedure. Treatments for small hemorrhoids internal and external can use OTC medications in the form of a cream or ointment.
- Rubber Bank Ligation. Treatment for internal hemorrhoids with rubber bands on the placement of hemorrhoids which aims to cut off the blood flow that will decrease in about 1 week. This method is said as the most effective and about 80% of patients use this treatment.
- Infrared coagulation. With the help of infrared light for illuminating the internal hemorrhoids which aim to harden and constrict hemorrhoids and will heal in about 4 weeks.
- Sclerotherapy Injection. Helping with sclerosants to be injected into the skin or known as submucosal space of hemorrhoid. These injections aim to reduce the size of hemorrhoids.
- Electrocoagulation. It is used for a prolapsed hemorrhoid by electrically coagulated on the wound.
- Cryotherapy. Super freezing the internal or external piles using cryogenic or nitrogen. The advantages of this method are less to say in the hospital, less painful, less difficulty urinary after treatment and quicker healing process.
- Hemorrhoidectomy. External hemorrhoids treatment that has been bleeding. By conducting a local anesthetic and is regarded as the most effective cure hemorrhoids. The procedure includes actions such as hemorrhoidectomy open, closed, stapled and ligation.
Before taking this medical treatment, you need to know the recovery time for hemorrhoids surgery.
Those all facts related to the question of how long hemorrhoids last to make you more understand.