Sweet potato waffle fries are basically similar to French fries in general, but in appearance it has a shape that is not in the form of bars but is more similar to waffles. In addition, the nutrition facts of this food has a lower fat content than French fries so it is healthier.
Sweet Potatoes Nutritional Facts
Sweet potato characteristics are:
- Rich in fiber;
- Low glycemic index;
- Contains lots of vitamins A, B6, B9 and C;
- Contains a lot of copper and manganese;
- Contains ingredients that can reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular pathology;
- Improve liver function.
Benefits of consuming sweet potatoes:
Below the advantage if you consume wweet potatoes regularly
- Perfectly colored, sweet potatoes are endowed with many benefits.
- Enough calories thanks to its low protein and lipid content, it is perfect for people who want to lose weight.
- The glycemic index of a low sweet potato is around 70 and the glycemic index of a regular potato varies between 80 and 111 depending on the variety. Eating foods with a low glycemic index can help people with diabetes, or those at risk, to reduce insulin resistance and improve blood sugar control.
- Rich in fiber which plays a role in regulating digestive function, lowering cholesterol levels and regulating blood sugar.
- Rich in vitamin A which helps the growth of bones and teeth, maintains healthy skin and protects against infection.
- Antioxidant content
- Contains carotenoids, antioxidants that play a role in fighting free radicals and promoting good vision, especially in the dark.
- Reduction of cancer risk and improvement of liver function thanks to anthocyanins, a powerful antioxidant, it contains.
- Decreased risk of cardiovascular disease. Thanks to the phenolic compounds and anthocyanins they contain, sweet potatoes can prevent and lower the oxidation of “bad” cholesterol (LDL), a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Stimulation of immune response thanks to antioxidants.
- Slows down the decline in cognitive function that will be caused by the high content of antioxidants.
Sweet Potato Waffle Fries Taste
Sweet potatoes will be a healthy snack when cooked in the right way and provide a pleasant taste for those who eat them.
You can make sweet potatoes in a variety of flavors such as sweet or salty. Or add some savory flavor with paprika and olive oil.
The way how to make sweet fried sweet potatoes is to add cinnamon and coconut oil.
How to process sweet potatoes for frying is by peeling and cutting sweet potatoes into sticks of small and relatively the same size. Then mix with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika or sweet paprika.
How to process fried sweet potatoes by adding them on an aluminum foil baking sheet with olive oil.
Bake the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes until tender and golden brown.
In order for even ripeness, sweet potatoes are turned over every certain time.
For serving, fried sweet potatoes can be eaten alone, or as a snack along with a burger. Consuming with eggs, vegetables is also very delicious.
How To Make Sweet Potato Waffle Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and stick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika or sweet paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C
- How to make sweet potatoes
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it in half crosswise. Using a mandolin equipped with a waffle cutter blade, thinly slice the potatoes into waffle-cut circles about 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick according to the manufacturer’s instructions, turning the sweet potato 90 degrees between each slice.
- Spread the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season a little with salt and pepper.
- Stir the sweet potato until evenly coated, spread in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake until potatoes are crispy and golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with more salt, if desired, and serve hot.