What Causes Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
What Causes IBS Diarrhea?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a disorder in the digestive tract that can not be known exactly. But researchers, through some research and observation, obtain data that can be thought to be the trigger of IBS. Discomfort that occurs in the digestive tract that can lead to IBS symptoms such bloating, constipation and diarrhea, thought to have come from some dietary and lifestyle.
Maybe you have a question for how long the IBS last? In many cases, those who suffer said that their IBS last for a long term period. During the period, the IBS sometime flares up caused by certain food consumption, stress of others and back to normal in few days.
The doctors and researchers of IBS currently can only presume that the cause of IBS has the relationship between the brain and the digestive tract. The cause of IBS symptoms is different for each person.
In certain people IBS can arise due to :
- Because abnormalities coordination between the brain and the digestive tract, the muscles of the intestine to contract abnormally. Some experts in the disease, estimated that the intestines are sensitive to signals sent from the brain, so that the intestine can not properly respond to these alerts.
- Other factors IBS is the absorption of bile acids that are not normal. Bile acids that function to process the fats in the small intestine, believed to play a role in IBS. When bile acids carried over into the large intestine, it can cause watery stools, loose and getting diarrhea.
- In addition, allegedly those who suffer from IBS have a bowel tend to be sensitive to the substances contained in the food they consume. Some foods can trigger IBS in some people. The types of food such as soft drinks, fatty foods, coffee, alcohol, chocolate, etc.So that the normal digestive system in the gut distracted when digest food.
- Can stress cause IBS? Unconsciously those who frequently experience stress and anxiety often have problems with the digestive system. And according to experts, mental health can interfere the colon which partially controlled by the nervous system.
- Genetic contributes to IBS disorder also. Hereditary factors thought to be one cause of IBS. Based on research, the relatives of a person with IBS in the family, have a tendency to have IBS both men and women.
- Hormonal changes due to age or gender causes the diseases. IBS caused of hormones in women, occurs 2 to 3 times more often than in men.
- Use of certain drugs. Drugs used in the treatment of certain diseases, known to trigger IBS. Cholesterol drugs, heartburn, antidepressants are known to cause IBS in some people.
- Infectious disease by viruses, fungi, bacteria, or parasites that cause inflammation in the gut.
- Bacteria in the gut are known to be one cause of IBS. This will happen when the population of bacteria that live in the colon are not on the normal amount. Too much or too little population of bacteria, can cause IBS.
Thus, in the digestion of food forming gas in the stomach resulting in bloating, constipation, nausea to diarrhea if the gut works too fast. This is because the intestines can not absorb the excess liquid present in feces and tend to produce excess gas.
However, if the gut works too slow or weak, it will form the stool is too hard, dry resulting in patient difficulty in defecation.
Just by knowing the causes and how the symptoms visible, hence you can find the right way of irritable bowel syndrome treatment on your own. For a severe IBS, it is recommend to visit your doctor to get the best advice. If you go to your doctor to know how to diagnose IBS and the best treatment for irritable bowel syndrome, it may be wise to get the advice you need to know. Because they will do some diagnose procedure to ensure how yo get IBS and making the best arrangement for curing your disease.
– The Role of Genetics in IBS, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3056499/