Zucchini breakfast is an ideal meal because it has a lot of nutrient that needed by human’s body. That is why having zucchini in your meal is very important to consider and serve.
Nutrient Content of Zucchini For Breakfast
Zucchini is an important food that should include in healthy easy breakfast ideas for humans because of its low calorie content: 100 grams of zucchini has only 20 calories. Almost no fat even filled with fiber and water.
The mineral content of zucchini is in the form of calcium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus. And vitamins: B6, A, C. Micronutrients in zucchini such as phytonutrients, carotenoids such as lutein and zeaxanthin (nutrients that help us improve eyesight).
Benefit Eating Zucchini
Eating Zucchini in your meal is good for your body, and these are some benefits of zucchini:
Zucchini contains a combination of fiber and water and is low in calories. All of this makes it a very suitable food for a weight control diet.
1. Control cholesterol
High levels of vitamins A and C also contribute to a reduced risk of atherosclerosis.
2. Blood pressure control
The potassium and magnesium it contains are beneficial for those who suffer from hypertension or high blood pressure.
3. Take care of our eye health
Thanks to lutein and zeaxanthin, these phytonutrients have a positive impact on vision.
4. Good for the heart
Because zucchini has high levels of the antioxidant vitamin C, potassium which helps the lining of blood cells work better, lowers blood pressure and protects against clogged arteries.
5. Prevent gout
Zucchini is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids and carotenoids with anti-inflammatory properties that can counteract the effects of excess uric acid.
6. Zucchini fights aging
Because it contains vitamins A and C, antioxidants that help us maintain healthy skin and fight harmful free radicals, zucchini helps fight aging.
By reading above zucchini nutrition content, you should consider to eat this in regular bases. You could consume it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It could be one a week, or several.
You can find many zucchini recipes in internet that five you a lot of inspiration and more experiences.
Making Zucchini Breakfast Recipe
A simple, fast and very tasty recipe, Oats, zucchini and tomatoes, a complete, healthy and light dish ideal for those who want to keep fit, for those who embrace vegetarian and vegan cuisine, but not only, it is ideal for everyone as it does well, it is easy to prepare and is really good and light.
- Oats 120 grams
- Cherry tomatoes 10
- Olive oil
- SALT 1 pinch
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
How To Prepare Zucchini Breakfast
- Wash the zucchini, cut off the ends and cut into cubes.
- Heat a frying pan and pour a little oil.
- Pour water in a pan and add zucchini over medium heat. Add zucchini, cook over medium heat and cover.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or according to the size of the zucchini that you cut. The bigger the pieces, the longer it will take to cook. Turn the zucchini back and forth so that it cooks evenly.
- If the water dries up, pour in a little more, but very little according to the cooking and always to taste.
- When the zucchini has softened, add salt, pepper and a teaspoon of turmeric
- Leave the vegetables in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Cook the oats until cooked
- Drain the oats and pour into a large bowl
- Add vegetables, tomato slices and mix everything. Add some basil leaves and a little oil.
You can also try to cook quinoa porridge recipe that also easy to make for healthy breakfast.
Those all the zucchini breakfast recipes for this time. For now it is still one recipe. And I will update and add some other zucchini recipe for breakfast.